We all have the right to feel safe in our homes, places of work and communities. If you or someone you know is dealing with issues of feeling unsafe or being victimised please use the links below to find relevant information and support.
Protection and support for children
Children in Scotland is the national agency for voluntary, statutory and professional organisations and individuals working with children and their families in Scotland.
0131 228 8484
Children in Wales – is the national umbrella organisation for those working with children and young people in Wales. Their aims are to promote the interests of these groups and take action to meet their needs.
(029) 2034 2434 |(01286) 677570 (North Wales)
NSPCC – National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children is the UK’s leading charity specialising in child protection.
0808 800 5000
Text phone: 0800 056 0566
Protection of Vulnerable Adults
– If you or someone you know is homeless
- Shelter – Housing and Homelessness charity. England and Scotland: 0808 800 444
Wales: 0845 075 5005
If you have been a victim and/ or Survivor of a crime
- Victim Support – Is a national charity giving free and confidential help to victims of crime, witnesses, their family, friends and anyone else affected, acrossthe UK .
- England – 0845 30 30 900
- Victim Support Scotland – 0131 668 4486
- Victim Support Cymru – Wales 0845 612 1900
– If you have experienced a sexual assault
Non emergency dial 101 Textphone service: 18001 101
Emergency dial 999 Textphone service: 18000
- South West Rape Crisis & Sexual Abuse Centre Local Service – 01387 253113
- Rape Crisis Scotland – National service
0141 331 4180 (Monday-Friday, 9.30am-4.30pm)
08088 01 03 02 (6pm-midnight daily)
- Rape Crisis Help Ireland
1800 778888 (24hour)
- You can also visit your nearest sexual health clinic for immediate practical support and signposting