Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Dumfries and Galloway LGBT Plus.
Volunteers of all ages are very actively involved in helping us run our services, and as such we recognise the important contribution that volunteers make to helping us achieve our aims. With this in mind, we aim to provide attractive opportunities, as well as regular and on-going support, training and social opportunities to enable volunteers to develop their skills, both in order to enhance their volunteering work with us and to help them contribute to the wider community and progress to positive destinations.
There are lots of ways you can volunteer your time to help the Dumfries and Galloway LGBT Plus, both on a regular basis and just on the odd occasion. At Dumfries and Galloway LGBT Plus, everyone is welcome and we are particularly keen to hear from people over 18 of all ages, genders, and sexual orientations, (including heterosexual people), as well as those who might otherwise find it hard to participate, such as disabled people, black or minority ethnic people, transgender people, people from faith groups, parents, carers and people on low incomes.
Some of our volunteer roles include (click links to download role description):
- Befriender for isolated LGBT Plus people
- Activity Host running social events and activities across D&G
- Group Work Volunteer helping staff to run support groups
- Fundraising & Events Volunteer raising vital funds and running exciting events in the process
- Community Representative making sure the voices of LGBT Plus people are heard at a local and national level
- Communications Volunteer ensuring our message gets to the people in need
If you only have a small amount of time to give on the odd occasion, don’t worry, our Casual Volunteer role could be just the one for you!
You can find full information on our commitments to and expectations of volunteers within Dumfries and Galloway LGBT Plus by reading our Volunteer Guide. If our way of working sounds attractive to you and if you still would like to volunteer, then please fill out the Volunteer Expression of Interest Form, and return it to us.In addition to our volunteer roles, we have the following board roles.
- Trustee making sure our organisation is managed effectively
- Treasurer we are particularly interested in recruiting an assistant treasurer who will be able to take over from our existing treasurer sometime soon.
for further information on Board Roles contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to having you on our team