LGBT Plus phone service
Hi, How Are You?
About Hi, How Are You?
ExplainedIf you are looking to speak to someone via our telephone service, this is how it works.
First Contact: A member of LGBT Support staff will take basic details from you and discuss a short assessment of your needs. Depending on your needs you then have the following options…
- HHAY Level 1: A trained volunteer calls you for a friendly 10min check in.
- HHAY Level 2: Trained Support Staff call to offer appropriate support for 20 mins
- HHAY Level 3: A Qualified Counsellor calls or video calls you for 50 mins
We always start and end each call with a quick mood rating scale which is really simple:
- would be couldn’t get any lower today
- would be quite low
- would be average
- would be doing ok
- would be in a really good mood
This helps us check if we need to signpost you to Crisis Services or a higher level of support within our HHAY Service.
Thank you for getting in touch. It’s time to connect and look out for each other.
Interested in joining our new service?
Contact us on email@example.com
This email address is only checked once a day. We aim to get back to you for a first phone call or email check in, in 24 hours.
We are not a crisis service, so if you have taken tablets or harmed yourself, please call an ambulance on 999 straight away. If you are feeling suicidal please contact your GP, or go to Accident and Emergency or you can call the Samaritans on 116 1123