Volunteers of all ages are very actively involved in helping us run our services, and as such we recognise the important contribution that volunteers make in helping us achieve our aims. We are committed to providing exciting opportunities, regular and on-going support, training and social opportunities to enable volunteers to develop their skills, enhance their volunteering experiences and help them contribute to the wider community and progress to positive destinations.
There are lots of ways you can volunteer your time to help D&G LGBT Plus, either on a regular or occasional basis. Everyone is welcome and we are particularly keen to hear from everyone over 18 who has an interest in supporting equality and diversity in your local community.You can make a difference.Contact us at: Volunteer@lgbtplus.org.uk
Some of our volunteer roles include
- for isolated LGBT Plus people
- running social events and activities across D&G
Group Work Volunteer
- helping staff to run support groups
Fundraising & Events Volunteer
- raising vital funds and running exciting events in the process
- making sure the voices of LGBT Plus people are heard at a local and national level
- ensuring our message gets to the people in need.